Gluten, Grain & Yeast Free Bread
- Almond meal – 1 cup
- Chia seeds – 2 Tbsn
- Water – 30ml
- Arrowroot (sifted) – 3/4 cup (can also use Tapioca)
- Bicarb soda (sifted)- 1 tsn
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 Tbsn
- Eggs – 3
- A good pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 175C
- Soak chia seeds in the water whilst preparing the dry mix. Stir to make sure the seeds are immersed in water.
- Sift arrowroot and bicarb soda into a bowel.
- Add almond meal and salt, and mix well.
- Use a whisk to combine the dry ingredients to help break up lumps and distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Add eggs, soaked chia seeds, and apple cider vinegar.
- Combine everything well until there are no lumps (about 1 minute of whisking).
- Don’t be tempted to add anymore water; the mix is suppose to be thick.
- Pour mix into a baking tin lined with non-stick paper, or a silicon bread mould lightly coated with oil. Or you can use a spring form cake tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the bread is firm to the touch and bounces back when lightly pressed. The top will be golden in color and firm to the touch.
- Remove bread from the oven and turn out onto a cooling rack
- Adjust cooking time to 45-50 minutes if cooking a double mix (which i recommend)
*Props to Tania Hubbard for this great recipe www.glutenfreegrainfree.com.au *