Banana Skin Tea?
I hear what you’re saying… “Oh you’ve got to be kidding me!!….”
Well no…. Coconut lattes, beetroot lattes, lavender lattes & turmeric lattes are all SOOOO yesterday. Catch up people!!
Who would have known that banana skin contains a huge amount of magnesium! It actually contains 3 times more magnesium that the fruit itself.
This recipe is packed full of magnesium, tryptophan and vitamin B6, which all help to make serotonin, which is amazing for increasing your mood. Serotonin also converts to melatonin, which helps you get to sleep. In fact this is the perfect night cap.
But wait, there’s more! No steak knives here, but you DO get a heap of potassium for heart health, vitamin C for your immune system and collagen production, lutein for your eye health, manganese for your ligaments and soft tissues, and fiber to keep your gut bacteria happy.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2.5 cups of boiling water
- Give the yellow bendy fruit a scrub to remove dirt, bacteria, and pesticides (if not organic).
- Chop the ends off
- Cut in small sections (anyway you like, it doesn’t really matter).
- Drown those suckers in boiling water and boil for 10 minutes, with the lid on.
- Strain the banana water into a cup
- Add a dash of honey or cinnamon before drinking if you like
- Don’t be shy… eat the left over warm banana AND the peel. It’s quite palatable.