This puppy is all over the Internet, but I really wanted to include it as well. Those who know me know my favorite recipes are super simple, only have a few ingredients, and are idiot proof. If they tick those 3 boxes, they’re in my arsenal.
I don’t need to go on about the potential health effects of gluten. You’ve heard it all before, but you may still have trouble reducing gluten, and in particular, coming off of bread. Bread is convenient, its super simple, and it’s idiot proof. I love it as well!
Gluten is the most reactive food in our current diet, alongside dairy. I often find when testing food intolerances through IgG IgA testing, these two come up quite regularly. Patients have no issue removing random ingredients like mushrooms, sesame seeds, or even coffee, but gluten and dairy provoke some resistance. Unfortunately, when removing trigger foods, they really need to be done all together to get the full benefit.
This recipe has no gluten or dairy, is low in carbs, and is not one of those stodgy cake-like gluten free bread recipes, which are only good for toasting. This one you can certainly make a sandwich with! It’s only downside is that it doesn’t provide enough servings per batch, so double the dose and stock up!
- 2 cups Cauliflower rice
- 1 cup Almond meal
- 4 Organic eggs
- 3 tspn Turmeric
- ½ tspn Black pepper (don’t’ omit this. It’s needed to optimize the healing benefits of turmeric)
- ½ tspn Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Blitz your cauli in a food processor to form a texture like cous cous. You will need to do it in a couple of batches
- Mix all ingredients to a even consistency
- Empty onto the standard sized baking tray and smooth out
- Bake for 30 minutes or until nice and brown
- Let it cool, then remove from tray, and cut into 8 squares
- Fill it with your favorite noms, and devour!
- Stores in the fridge for 1 week