Get your Quinoa on and impress your family with how new age, whole foods,
clean eating, hipster, you are.
12 Ingredients, 20 Minutes, 4 serves
- 4 tbsp coconut (flakes, or 1/2 cup mixed berries)
- 2 bananas (sliced)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 1⁄2 cup yoghurt (of your choice)
- 1⁄2 tsn pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almonds (slivered)
- 1⁄4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (for sprinkling)
- 1 tsn almond butter (melted)
- 6 drops stevia, or 1tbsn rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1⁄2 tsn ground cinnamon
Rinse the quinoa really well for 2–3 minutes until the water runs clear and free of residue.
Bring 250 ml water to the boil in a large saucepan.
Add the quinoa, return to the boil, cover and reduce the heat to low for 12–15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed.
Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
Place the quinoa in a bowl and stir through the cinnamon and salt
In a saucepan over medium–low heat, warm the almond milk for 3–4 minutes.
Stir in the vanilla and stevia or rice malt syrup.
Add a couple of spoons of quinoa to four glass bowls.
Mix through the almond milk and follow with layers of slivered almonds, banana slices, yoghurt, coconut flakes and/or berries. Repeat until the bowls are full.
Top with the melted almond butter and chia seeds, or festive fruit..