Ever wondered what cacao powder actually is, and what its benefits are? Cacao natively comes from tropical areas of the Amazon and gives many incredible benefits.
What ia Cacao Powder?
Cacao is the raw, pure form of chocolate. It is made from the fruit of the cacao tree and is the raw version of cocoa. It is the least processed version of the two, making it more nutritious and packed with essential vitamins and minerals.
- Cacao packs in more calcium than cow’s milk 😉
- It’s densely packed with iron, magnesium and antioxidants.
- Consuming cacao can help with issues such as depression, stress, blood pressure and heart health.
Hot and spicy Cacao for two
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- a pinch nutmeg
- a pinch allspice
- a pinch clove
- a knifepoint of cayenne powder
- a pinch salt
- 2 cups almond milk (homemade is delicious) or milklab macadamia milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, raw honey, or equivalent erythritol or monk fruit
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix dry ingredients, cacao powder, spices, and salt, in a small bowl.
Heat wet ingredients, almond milk, maple syrup (or whatever sweeter you choose) and vanilla extract, in a small pot over medium heat. Let is steam but not boil.
Add dry ingredients to milk, whisking mixture well until dry mix is thoroughly incorporated. Let it stand for a few min for flavours to develop.
Love in a cup if you ask Brenda! 😉