Ever wondered what cacao powder actually is, and what its benefits are? Cacao natively comes from tropical areas of the Amazon and gives many incredible benefits.
What ia Cacao Powder?
Cacao is the raw, pure form of chocolate. It is made from the fruit of the cacao tree and is the raw version of cocoa. It is the least processed version of the two, making it more nutritious and packed with essential vitamins and minerals.
- Cacao packs in more calcium than cow’s milk 😉
- It’s densely packed with iron, magnesium and antioxidants.
- Consuming cacao can help with issues such as depression, stress, blood pressure and heart health.
Hot and spicy Cacao for two
- 40g raw cacao
- a few shakes of cinnamon
- a little shake of ground ginger
- a few shakes of nutmeg
- a few shakes of allspice
- 2 cloves
- a tiny shake of cayenne powder
- a pinch sea salt
- 2 cups almond milk (homemade is delicious) or milklab macadamia milk. Use whatever you like.
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, raw honey, or equivalent erythritol or monk fruit
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- (Optional 1 scoop of collagen)
Heat up the milk in a saucepan, and add the dry ingredients. Whisk it all together.
You can use a blender to make it suppler creamy and frothy too!
Love in a cup if you ask Brenda! 😉