Good health is often a collaboration between myself and my patients. I offer them advice all the time, but it takes a mutual effort to really get results.
So when patients bring in things for me to read, or recipes to make, i really like to offer the same respect. This recipe came from an awesome patient who i love working with.
Considering I’m a Clinical Nutritionist, i suck pretty bad at cooking, but even i nailed this one!
- 200g Sunflower seeds
- 100g Pumpkin seeds
- 50g Chia seeds (or flaxseeds)
- 75g Shredded coconut
- 25g Sesame seeds
- 3 tbsn Psyllium husks
- 1.5 tsn Hımalayan salt
- 600ml pure water
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together evenly and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Spread mixture thinly onto a baking tray covered with baking paper. Roughly 0.5cm think. Score it into the size you want with a pizza cutter or knife.
- Bake for 1hr 15mins, moving positions for even baking (unlike my attempt). Half way through, take it out and place another tray on top and flip it over so the cooked side is on the bottom.
- Cut through the previously scored marks, and then put it back in the oven to finish.