Coconut Yoghurt Recipe
Here’s the coconut yoghurt recipe I’ve been playing around with lately….
It has more of a sour taste like greek natural yoghurt. Experiment by adding blueberries and strawberries to it to suit your personal tastes.
- 3 tins of coconut milk
- 1 tsn agar agar
- 2 tbsn cornflour
- 2 probiotic capsules
- Warm coconut milk on the stove.
- Mix some of the milk with the agar agar to dissolve it. Same with the corn flour. Do this just before the coconut milk gets really hot.
- Mix these into the coconut milk when it gets to 75ish degrees. (can add a sweetener here if you like sweet yoghurt)
- Increase the temp to 85ish degrees.
- Take it off the stove and strain it.
- Let it cool to 35ish degrees (will take an hour or so) and then open the probiotic capsules and mix them in.
Pour into glass jars and put them in the oven with the light on for 2 days. This keeps their temperature up. You can also just leave them in a sealed box somewhere.
Take them out, let cool to room temp, and then put them in the fridge.